What material is better for the kitchen cabinet countertop? This is a problem that every decorated family is very concerned about. The countertop of the full kitchen cabinet include quartz stone countertop, natural stone countertop, artificial stone countertop, refractory countertop and stainless steel countertop. Do you know which countertop is the most environmentally friendly? Now, let us introduce the advantages and disadvantages of kitchen cabinet countertop!
Natural stone refers to the general term that is mined from natural rock mass and processed into block or plate materials. The natural stone used in building decoration mainly includes granite and marble.
1. The color is rich, the texture is relatively soft, marble is natural and diverse, and it is easy to cut or carve into shape;
2. High hardness, good abrasion resistance, minor scratches will not be particularly noticeable.
1. It may be broken in case of heavy blow or local high temperature;
2. As the stone is a porous material structure, it is difficult to clean if dirt and sewage infiltrate during production, transportation or construction;
3. It must be mentioned that some granite are radioactive;
4. There are seams on the surface, which are difficult to repair and easy to hide dirt.
5. Some invisible natural cracks will also rupture when the temperature changes sharply;
6. Natural stone is brittle, so it is impossible to make countertop with a width of more than 1 meter.
Some materials of natural stone may be radioactive and emit toxic gas, which does not meet the requirements of environmental protection. If no special processing is carried out, it may cause harm to the human body. Therefore, it is best to do a radiation test when choosing.
Stainless steel is a traditional raw material used in household cabinets and kitchen workbenches. Generally, a thin stainless steel plate is added to the surface of high-density fireproof board.
Sturdy, easy to clean, and practical.
1. The appearance gives people a cold feeling like metal;
2. The color is single, lacking the color of other cabinet countertop;
3. All corners and joints also lack reasonable and effective treatment methods;
4. Once scratched by a sharp tool, it will leave irreparable traces;
5. Domestic stainless steel kitchen cabinet countertop are prone to oxidation;
6. Imported stainless steel kitchen cabinet countertop are expensive.
If the home decoration style is not focused on the industrial style, choose stainless steel kitchen cabinet countertop carefully.
3. Artificial Stone Kitchen Cabinet Countertop
Artificial stone, also known as polymer solid board, the artificial stone countertop that exist on the market are mainly made of unsaturated resin or acrylic resin, filled with fillers, pigments, and pressed with a vacuum bubble flat surface. Some manufacturers even paste it by hand. Made of type resin and stone powder.
1. Bright and colorful, strong diversity;
2. Artificial stone is more wear-resistant, acid-resistant, high-temperature resistant, and has strong functions such as impact resistance, compression resistance, bending resistance, and penetration resistance.
1. The price is higher;
2. Poor scratch resistance, insufficient hardness, and no natural feeling;
3. Antibacterial and environmental protection are not ideal.
Because of the different processing technology, the quality is not uniform, so you must carefully distinguish in the selection.
Quartz stone countertop are made of broken glass and quartz sand. The advantages of quartz stone are that it is wear-resistant and not afraid of scratches, and has good heat resistance and can be used for large-area paving and wall coverings. It can be used as a variety of kitchen and bathroom countertop. It is seamless and durable.
1. It is more wear-resistant, acid-resistant, high-temperature resistant, and has strong functions such as impact resistance, compression resistance, bending resistance, and penetration resistance;
2. It is not easy to scratch and burn out, very suitable for daily use;
3. The surface material is non-radiative, it is a green product with a high environmental protection coefficient, and it is a natural food-grade countertop.
The hardness is too strong, difficult to process, and the shape is too single.
Buying kitchen cabinets is very important, so be careful.
1. Do not put high temperature objects on the countertop directly or for a long time. Hot pots, or other utensils with high temperature directly removed from the stove, oven, microwave, etc. will damage the countertop. Please use a pot holder with rubber feet, or put an insulation pad on the table. Do not use boiling water to scald immediately after rinsing with cold water.
2. During operation, try to avoid hitting the table with sharp objects to avoid scratches. No matter what kind of countertop you choose, you should cut vegetables on the cutting board to prepare food. In addition to avoiding knife marks and damaging the blade, it can also achieve better hygiene.
3. Keep the countertop as dry as possible. Refractory board and anti-folder countertop avoid long-term immersion in water to prevent the countertop from being deformed by glue. Artificial stone countertop should prevent the bleach and scale in the water from making the countertop lighter and affecting its appearance.
4. Prevent strong chemicals from contacting the countertop, such as paint remover, metal cleaner, stove cleaner, methylene chloride, strong acid cleaner, etc. If you accidentally come into contact with the above items, immediately wash the surface with plenty of soapy water.
5. The erosion of chemical substances is not allowed for many materials. For example, stainless steel countertop may get rusty if they are exposed to salt, so you should always avoid placing items such as soy sauce bottles directly on the countertop.
Have you learned how to pick the kitchen countertop?