When customizing a wardrobe design, you need to consider the functionality and practicality of the wardrobe, as well as different users, as well as size specifications for different locations.
The functional design of customized wardrobes separates different functional areas for different usage situations. The general functional areas can be divided into the following types:
1. Yitong, which is designed to prevent creases on clothes, is generally used to hang ironed clothes, wrinkle-prone clothes, suits, coats, long skirts, dresses, etc.
2. Shelves are mainly used to place stacked clothes, storage boxes, and low-frequency clothes and quilts.
3. Drawers. Drawers are generally divided into ordinary drawers with locks and functional drawers for placing some folded clothes. Ordinary drawers can be used to store some important files and other items.
4. Lattice rack, this function is used to place small items such as belts, ties, socks, etc.
5. Pants rack, the current wardrobe trouser rack design is more user-friendly. When designing, the trouser rack is designed in two ways, drawer type, and rotating type, mainly storing pants that need to be hung.
6. Pull baskets are generally divided into push-pull rattan baskets and metal pull baskets, which are more suitable for placing thinner bedding, such as sheets, pillow towels, blankets, and other items.
Custom wardrobe design needs to consider different users
1. There are a lot of clothes for young couples, especially girls. When designing this kind of custom wardrobe, the functions of men and women should be distinguished, and the storage space for women is slightly larger than that for men. The wardrobe can be divided into two layers, long and short, to store coats and tops separately, and the shirt can also be designed with a separate small drawer or shelf. Small items such as underwear and ties can be designed with independent stylish drawers, which not only protect privacy but also looks more beautiful. The lower layer can be directly used as a partition to store clothes and quilts that are not used in seasons.
2. Generally, children’s clothes have fewer hanging clothes, and there are more stacked clothes, so when designing a children’s wardrobe, you need to consider the placement problem. When customizing the wardrobe design, you can use a large full-body cabinet with pendants on the upper layer and vacant lower layers. Set as few drawers as possible on the lower level to prevent children from being pinched.
3. The elderly have a lot of stacking clothes and a few pendants. Therefore, when designing the layout of the wardrobe for the elderly, it is necessary to consider making more shelves and drawers in the wardrobe. In addition, the elderly are not suitable for climbing and squatting. When designing a wardrobe, the drawers of the wardrobe should not be designed at the lowest level and should be designed at a height of about one meter from the ground.
Size specifications for custom wardrobe designs
Each functional area of the wardrobe also has certain standards in size. Generally, the height of the space for hanging short clothes or tops in the wardrobe is generally not less than 80 cm, and the height for hanging long coats is not less than 140 cm; the height of the drawer is generally not less than 15 cm-20 cm; the width of the cabinet for stacking clothes is generally between 33 cm and 40 cm, and the height is not less than 35 cm; for the cabinet where quilts and other objects are placed at the top of the wardrobe, the height should not be less than 40 cm.